Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 15/Weekend

Written by Mason

I got back home on Friday after working out of town all week and was very pleased to see how much better Cooper was looking. His skin and hair looked amazingly better and when I had left previously he was still bloated which had since retreated.

I went ahead and burned the new spots in the yard Erin had marked as being poop locations and redid a few older spots. Since his roundworm has cleared up and the diarrhea has stopped we aren't flaming new spots. Just bagging it like normal poop.

Otherwise, it was a very uneventful weekend. We were gone most of the day Saturday so we had someone come feed him during the day. On Sunday my younger brother Jake was over but Cooper really didn't require much attention. Just continued to feed him on his normal four hour schedule.

On Monday, Cooper got another Ketochlor bath before his visit to the vet tomorrow. He never whined or really tried to get away but you could tell it was not his favorite part of the day. His skin is looking a lot better but there are a few patches that haven't cleared up yet.

I'm so thankful for Erin taking care of Cooper since I picked him up she has handled the burden of care for him very well. I'm still not comfortable handling him with his skin conditions but I think I'm mainly trying not to get attached. Wherever he ends up at the end of the summer I hope there is a chance I get to see his progress over time.






1 comment:

  1. He looks sooooooooooooooooon much better! I check on his progress through your blog everyday. Thank you for care for this forgotten one.

    ReplyDelete